In the beauty industry, the word '10-Free' is used to describe nail polish that is free of 10 commonly used toxic chemical ingredients. We are very proud that the entire range of Clawlicious luxury nail products are '10-Free'.
The chemicals used in many nail polishes leak into our skin and then into our bloodstream. These toxins can enter our skin and our mouths when we use our fingers to eat. Unfortunately, most standard nail polishes DO contain up to 10 toxic ingredients, poisoning our skin, nails, mouths, and bloodstreams every single day. There is very little regulation of, and awareness about toxic nail polish ingredients, so we came up with our own nail formulas. It is important to always to look for '10-Free' nail polish when choosing a nail salon or technician. What are these toxins and why should we worry about them?
- Formaldehyde can cause cancer of the throat, nose, and blood. It contributes to asthma, convulsions, nausea, and miscarriages.
- Formaldehyde Resin is a skin allergen and causes dermatitis.
- Dibutyl phthalate (DBP) can cause organ and liver damage. It may even begin early menopause.
- Toluene fumes are highly toxic. They can cause decreased brain function. Interfere with breathing, hearing loss, and cause nausea.
- Camphor can trigger severe skin irritation and allergic reactions. It can cause nausea, dizziness, headaches and liver dysfunction.
- Xylene causes headaches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting. Also heart arrythmia, and respiratory problems.
- Parabens cause many allergic reactions. They increase dermatitis, skin inflammation, rashes and blisters. They have also been linked to premature ageing and infertility. Also breast cancer in women.
- Fragrances or perfumes are used in nail polishes to disguise the smell of the other ingredients. Some have been found to cause dry skin, brittle nails, dermatitis and allergies. They can even cause respiratory distress.
- Phthalates mimic the hormone estrogen in your body. They can damage the hormonal development of male fetuses, and decrease fertility,
- Animal ingredients such as boiled and crushed beetles, fish scales, and animal fat. Yuk.
All of these toxins can seep into our skin. They enter into our mouths when we use our fingers to eat. They seep into the mouth and bloodstream of our children when we feed them. Or when they have their little nails painted. They enter into the system of our babies if they put our fingers in their mouth. So why is 10Free Clawlicious nail polish the best?
The Clawlicious and Clawlicious Kids range of nail polishes are richly colour pigmented. These luxurious nail polishes that are 10Free, vegan, cruelty free, and proudly made in Australia. Try our products at Perth salons today or order your favourite products online!